Friday, October 1, 2010

New Bike Awesomeness

I have purchased a bicycle to cruise the residential streets of Houston and later the urban areas. I took it for a spin today and I am sure, I looked like a novice. Spinning at the gym is much easier. With the great weather in Houston at the moment, I am looking forward to ending a long work day with an evening bike ride. In London, cyclists are everywhere, which is great for Mother Earth, but not so much for pedestrians. I witnessed a few collisions where the pedestrians clearly had the right of way. I even saw one cyclist, cut off a police car which resulted not only in a citation, but an arrest. The cyclist got a bit too mouthy with the, Old Bill and got taken to jail with his bike on the back of the police car. I witnessed the whole thing while outside with friends at the pub. Now that I think about it, I should dedicate an entire blog post describing the bizarre things I saw in London.


No comments:

Post a Comment