Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sailor and Lula: The Complete Novels.

It is not unknown to my friends that Wild At Heart is one of my favorite movies. Wild At Heart, like so many works of David Lynch can be a bit confusing. I read that the movie was based on a series of novels by Barry Gifford, so I decided to read the complete set of 7 novels. A good bit of the movie was explained in reading the novels, though scenes in the movie are still perplexing in that Lynch sort of way.

I thoroughly enjoyed the novels. They novels chronicle the lives of Sailor and Lula over several decades in a style that is undefined, but some what crime noir. If anyone has seen Wild at Heart or just would like an amusing and captivating read..I suggest ordering the books on Amazon.









No comments:

Post a Comment