Saturday, March 12, 2011

Going Veggie For the Week

I grew up in Texas, I love steak. I love a Sunday roast on a cold day and hamburgers make me happy. Lately though, I have really been considering my carbon foot print. A carnivorous (human) diet takes its toll on the environment and I feel bad for the animals. I read somewhere to produce one calorie of beef, we must expend 78 calories of fossil fuel. The list goes on for pork and chicken. I drive my car more often than I should, I love the sauna at the gym..in essence I use and enjoy the energy resources that are bad for the environment. I am no eco warrior, but I feel that if I go veggie for a week, I will be helping mother earth in my own way. Plus, it's healthy. I will start my veggie voyage this week and after that I will start meatless Monday, and possibly try out a vegan day, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment